Friday, August 17, 2007

I love Bouncy Castle!

Today, I needed to send some private data to another company, and I could not get FTP with SSL to authenticate over our firewall, so I had to sent an encrypted file over FTP. The other company has a GPG public key, so I looked around for a bit on the web (yes, I googled c# gpg encrypt open source) and found a message that mentioned Bouncy Castle on the 4th or 5th page (why was it so far down the list???). I then googled Bouncy Castle to finally find that they have a wonderful c# implementation of GPG encryption (and many others), and their test code includes an example that reads a file and writes an encrypted file. This made integration VERY simple. I did move their test folder into their test project, so I would not be deploying all of the test code to production.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home