Thursday, August 02, 2007

ActiveRecord Code Generator

Thanks to some recent interest in the community, I have made a few more changes to ActiveRecord Code Generator. First, I added a browse button and a dialog, using some code supplied by Jim R. I don't care for the folder browser dialog, but it is built in to .Net 2, so I use it. Second, I fixed a few bugs that crop up when a table does not match my arbitrary table and field naming scheme. This project was written quickly as a pre-requisite to a large project, and it shows, but it is steadily improving.

Evening Update: I added a POCO (Plain Old C# Object) template as a starting point for an NHibernate cs and xbm template set.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim R said...

FYI, I updated my Castle.ActiveRecord form the Subversion repository and ran into a problem with my generated classes. I got an error on on the ValidateLength attributes. That appears to be deprecated in the latest ActiveRecord code.

August 06, 2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger Roy Tate said...

Thanks for the info. I am using svn, but it's tough for me to follow the latest updates closely when I am overwhelmed by work. At the very least, I can add a toggle for the validations. They have been a hinderance as often as they are a help anyway.

August 06, 2007 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home