Saturday, August 11, 2007

NHibernate hbm xml template

Friday, I added an NHibernate mapping.hbm.xml template. I mainly wanted to show that the code generator can be used for other purposes than just Castle ActiveRecord, and NHibernate is an easy target. Jim R. has requested that I add HasMany (aka ManyToOne) mapping properties and attributes. I think this is going to push me to refactor the schema extraction code.

Some of my future goals for the application are:

1. Full Model Generation (list of children, whether directly or indirectly through a many-to-many table)
2. User controllable plural-to-singular mapping.
3. Multi-database, using the Database Provider Factory.
4. Refactor code generation into a library (as I do with all projects)
5. Command-line code generation (supply at least a template and a list of tables)
6. Templates for other ORM tools (pure NHibernate, Rocky Lhotka's CSLA Business Objects, etc.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim R said...

I find this post-build command to be useful: copy "$(ProjectDir)Templates\*.*" "$(ProjectDir)$(OutDir)Templates"

Also, thaks for the addition of the hibernate mapping file template. You beat me to it. I am going to put it to immediate use. As always, I will forward any changes I make.

August 13, 2007 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home